1. 4 eggs (Can add one more if it looks dry)
2. 9 oz. cheese (Add a little more if whole grain rice used. Can use a mix of yellow and white cheese.)
3. 3/4 cup cut mushrooms (Pull out the stems as they don’t always soften when baked.)
4. 1 1/2 cup ground walnuts
5. 1 1/2 cup cooked rice (1/2 cup long-grained uncooked rice yields about 1 1/2 cup cooked rice.)
6. 1/2 cup rolled oats (Use the regular rolled oats, not the quick cook variety.)
7. 1 finely chopped onion
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
The original recipe called for 1/2 teaspoon of salt, but this is not required if the cheese already has salt.
Add a gravy such as mushroom gravy or a sauce. Alternatively, you could just sprinkle extra cheese on top.