Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free
- Three medium size potatoes boiled and cut small
- One small onion chopped finely
- Two garlic cloves mashed
- One inch ginger grated
- Half cup cauliflower cut Besan or chick pea flour
- One green chilli cut in very small pieces
- Oil to fry and cook potato stuffing
- Half teaspoon Mustard seeds,
- Half teaspoon turmeric,
- Half teaspoon cumin seeds,
- Half teaspoon asafoetida or hing
- Two teaspoons lemon juice
- Two teaspoons salt cilantro
In a frying pan or wok take three tablespoons of cooking oil and heat, for one minute then add mustard seeds half spoon let them crack add cumin seeds turmeric powder hing then add green chilli garlic ginger and cauliflower, let it cook till it is a little soft maybe two minutes, then add potatoes add salt one teaspoon or according to your taste, add half cup of cut cilantro. Cook till it is done by stirring it well. Let this stuffing cool down. Make small balls, it will make about ten balls.
Two cups besan add turmeric powder, hing, little red chilli powder if you want it spicy, salt according to your taste or one tea spoon. Add water to make thick batter.
In a wok or frying pan take sufficient oil and heat it, when it is very hot add two table spoons of hot oil in the batter, and mix it well, then turn the heat down. Put the balls in batter and coat them, then deep fry them in medium hot oil.
Eat them with ketchup or any ready made sauce if you like.
Wrap them in whole wheat tortillas with salad, cheese slice then it can be main dish.
With potatoes add peas, or corn or any other vegetable for a change.
You can eat them between buns.
You can freeze them.
If batter is left over then put chopped onions and fry them.